I was tagged by Rita and she said it was pay back time since I tagged her too often :)
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? Hubby
2. What were you doing at 0800? Shower, getting ready to pick up Diana from the train station
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? In front of the PC
4. What happened to you in 2006? Went back to Argentina and Malaysia
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? What happen??
6. How many beverages did you have today? 1 - Water
7. What color is your hairbrush? Brown and yellow
8. What was the last thing you paid for? Office Max for some boxes
9. Where were you last night? At home watching TV and sleeping
10. What color is your front door? Dark grey, with brass door knob. I wonder why this question
11. Where do you keep your change? All over the place - purse, bedroom, kitchen counter and laundry place.
12. What’s the weather like today? 43°F and cloudy
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Strawberry and Lychee
14. What excites you? Seeing my family and friends
15. Do you want to cut your hair? Just did that
16. Are you over the age of 25? Sadly :( yes
17. Do you talk a lot? Depends on who I am with
18. Do you watch the O.C.? Nope
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Nope
20. Do you make up your own words? Sometimes
21. Are you a jealous person? Sometime
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. Adrian
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. - Kelvin
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? Carlos
25. What does the last text message you received say? Are you on the train yet?
26. Do you chew on your straw? No
27. Do you have curly hair? Yes I do but I have to perm it
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? To Philly
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? None
30. What was the last thing you ate? Some peanuts
31. Will you get married in the future? I am married so no chance already :)
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? Wedding Banquet on TV
33. Is there anyone you like right now? Yes, my husband & Diana
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Last night
35. Are you currently depressed? No
36. Did you cry today? No
37. Why did you answer and post this? Because Rita asked me to :)
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. I don't think I am going to tag anyone so you guys are safe.
Friday, December 28, 2007
I was tagged by Rita and she said it was pay back time since I tagged her too often :)
Saturday, December 22, 2007
To all our family , friends, blogging friends from back home and around the world, we wanted wish you A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year. May the year 2008 bring all of you joy, health, laughter and happiness.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
I just want to let all of you know just how much I enjoyed and appreciates it. Hope we can do this again next year and this time I will have to start early with my shopping for the care package.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Santa came early for me this year. I received this package from Zue today. Even though my name is not on Zue's list but she sent me some of her cookies anyway. Thank you Zue for doing this even though you are busy preparing to fly home for your mother 40 days prayer. I hope it will be a fruitful trip for you and spend some quality time with your family. See you when you get home.
I am all done with my baking. All the cookies are packed and ready to be mail out. Hope my very dear friends like the cookies.
Can you find your name on box :)
Monday, December 10, 2007
I was tagged by Beachlover for this long meme
.W H O . W A S . T H E. L A S T . P E R S O N
1. You hung out with?: Hubby
2. Saw you cry: Hubby
3. Went to the movies with you?: Hubby and Diana
4. You went to the mall with?: Hubby
5. You went to dinner with?: Hubby
6. You talked on the phone to?: Diana
7. Said ‘I love you’ to you and really meant it?: Hubby
8. Made you laugh?: Hubby
W O U L D . Y O U . R A T H E R?
1. Pierce your nose or tongue? Neither
2. Be serious or be funny? Funny and sometime serious when I needed to.
3. Drink whole or skim milk? 1% fat and Soy Milk
4. Spend time with your parents or enemies? Parents
D O . Y O U . P R E F E R.
1. Flowers or candy? Flowers
2. Gray or black? Black
3. Color or Black and white photos? Both
4. Lust or love? Love.
5. Sunrise or sunset? Sunrise
6. M and Ms or Skittles? M & M
7. Staying up late or waking up early? Waking up early.
D O . Y O U . P R E F E R.
1. Sun or moon? Definitely Moon
2. Winter or Fall? Beautiful color of fall
3. Left or right? Right
4. 10 acquaintances or having two best friends?: Two best friends.
5. Sunny or rainy? Sunny but not too warm
6. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream: Vanilla
A B O U T . Y O U
1. What time is it?: 3.30pm
2. Nickname(s): None
3. What is your birth date?: 5th of June
4. What do you want? Be healthy and happy
5. Where do you want to live?: Preferably in California or Malaysia
6. How many kids do you want?: None
7. You want to get married?: Happily married
U N I Q U E
1. Nervous habit: None
2. Are you double jointed?: My chin (does that count)
3. Can you roll your tongue?: Yes
4. Can you raise one eyebrow?:No
5. Can you cross your eyes?:No
6. Do you make your bed daily?:Yes
7. Can you draw? Nope..even if my life depend on it :)
R A N D O M
1. Which shoe goes on first? Doesn't matter
2. Ever thrown a shoe at someone? Maybe when I was young
3. What is your craziest experience ever? Seeing 9/11 unfold right at my apartment window. I am not sure if this is craziest or saddest experience in my life.
F O O D
1. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? Twirl
2. Have you ever eaten spam? Yes.
3. Favourite ice cream: Strawberry
4. How many kinds of cereal are in your cabinet? Two
5. What’s your favourite beverage? Water
6. Do you cook? Yes.
IN . T H E . L A S T . M O N T H . H A V E . Y O U ?
1. Bought something: Yes
2. Sang: Yes in the morning when I play my spiritual hymns
3. Been hugged: Yes, everyday
4. Felt stupid: Once a while
5. Missed someone: Yes especially my family & friends in Malaysia
6. Danced crazy: Nope
7. Gotten your hair cut: Yes, just got one last week
8. Cried: Yes while watching some movie.
9. Lied: Sometime if I need to get out of a bad situation
I am not going to tag anyone for now.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
I started my cookies baking yesterday. So far I've baked 3 kinds of cookies. I still have a few types of cookies to bake and then I am done.
We will be attending an early Christmas party this weekend and I have yet to decide what to bring. Maybe I will just bring some of my cookies :)
Monday, December 3, 2007
The very sweet and thoughtful Beachlover sent me this.
"Do you know the relationship between your 2 eyes? They blink together, move together, cry together, see things together and sleep together. Even though they never see each other, friendship should be just like that! Life is like Hell without FRIENDS. Its ‘World Best Friend Week’. Send this to your best friends to let them know you appreciate them. "
Your Love is Ur Heart,
Your heart is Ur Spouse,
Your spouse is Ur Future,
Your future is Ur Destiny,
Your destiny is Ur Ambition,
Your ambition is Ur Aspiration,
Your aspiration is Ur Motivation,
Your motivation is Ur Belief,
Your belief is Ur Peace,
Your peace is Ur Target,
Your target is Heaven,
Heaven is no fun without FRIENDS.
Now, I would like to pass to my friends whom I made through blogging and also personally.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
1. A movie that made you laugh.
2. A book that make you cry.
Any of Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
3. A Best Friend.
I have a few so is difficult to just name one.
4. A favorite childhood memories
To many to just name one :)
5. Your favorite animal.
6. Your favorite food.
7. An item of clothing you cannot do without.
Probably underwear :)
8. Something you collect.
Cook books and small perfume bottles
9. Your favorite store to shop in.
10. Your favorite flower.
Champagne color roses
I would like to pass this tag to : Rita, Jun and Pinky
Have fun !!!
Friday, November 30, 2007
I still have no clue of what to buy for Carlos and Diana yet. Maybe you guys can give me some idea? I've bought him so many watches so I am trying to get away from that :)
Saturday, November 24, 2007
First stop, Polo. I took a few items but the line at the cashier was so long and decided to put the items back and walk out. The next stop, Coach. There was a long line just to get into the store. Diana decided to wait in line while I went shopping at Le Gourmet Chef for some kitchen items. As usual came out with some baking pans because all items at 50% discount. Pretty good bargain.
We bought 2 bags and 2 wristlets at Coach. The handbags at a discount of 40% and an extra 10% for shopping before 5.00am. Not a bad bargain. We then went to Gap and Banana Republic but we didn’t get to buy anything because of the long lines again. We decided we had enough of the crowd and went home around 2.30am. By the way, Carlos slept through all the shopping frenzy and he only start his shopping at 6.00am while I get my beauty sleep.
We decided to go back there to the outlets again in the afternoon. This time it was not so crowded and we managed to buy what we wanted. Overall, the shopping was alright. Will I do it again next year? No way…too much hassle with the parking, people and waiting in line. Next year, I will shop at a more decent time.
People waiting in line just to get into Coach Store
Here are some of the items we bought :
Coach handbags and wristlets
DKNY Jeans and BR Pants and Sweater
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Diana's enjoying her meal
Carlos busy taking pictures of us :)
Hold on !! Let me to take some pictures before digging into the dessert :)
Asuka and Carlos in deep discussion
Our 10 pound turkey. This was the small we could find.
Dinner rolls - recipe with be posted at my food blog soon
Individual Tiramisu - pretty or not :)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Steal some time to blog. My turkey is in the oven, done my dinner rolls, stuffing, green bean casserole and tiramisu for dessert. Now what's left to be done is the bake potatoes and table setting. Will post some pictures tonight and after that SHOPPING!!!
Check out this link for the story of Thanksgiving : The Thanksgiving Story
Monday, November 19, 2007
One thing I do look forward to is Black Friday. Just can't wait to shop till I drop ;-) We will be going to the Lancaster Outlets at midnight on Thursday with Nancy. Yeah, they open their stores at midnight. Carlos will be at home having his sweet sleep. He said it just doesn't make any sense to be going shopping so early in the morning.
So, any of you going shopping this Friday? Do let me know if there are good bargain out there :-)
Friday, November 16, 2007
They still have plenty in the store
This what I bought. The roasting set for $9.99 (after rebate), 4 Mini Trifle Set for $9.99, Cake Serving Set for $7.99 (after 20% coupon discount), a set of 6 Shots Glasses for $ 7.49 and two coffee mugs for $1.98. Total money spent $ 37.44. Not a bad bargain at all. Thanks Cat for the call.
I received this cute Salt & Pepper shakers from Cat two weeks ago. I won it from her Halloween guessing game. Thanks again Cat.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
I came across this article from one of Carlos woodworking magazine and I think is really funny and I find my husband guilty of most of them.
10) There's never room for my car in the garage
9) He keeps bringing home pieces of wood that he's found, like stray animals. But he never uses them, so our house features an unusual 'woodpiles everywhere' decor.
8) He spends hours scouring antique shops for old tools and I'm tired of being dragged along and staring at dingy knick-knacks, worn-out furniture.
7) Nails and screws left in the pockets make an ungodly racket when they go through the washing machine and dryer.
6) A problem in the shop casts a gloomy pall over the entire house.
5) His 'good' woodworking tools are off-limits for the rest of us.
4) He's oblivious to the sawdust trail he leaves throughout the house
3) The outlines of his tape measure gets worn into the back pocket of his jeans, so people are always staring at his butt!
2) My hair is wet, I'm late for work and my hair dryer has disappeared from the bathroom. He used it to remove old glue.
1) He keeps saying he's going to build things, but all he does is buy tools.
I like to add a few more to the list.
1) He can spend hours at Home Depot, Lowe's , Habour Freight and Woodcraft.
2) Woodworking magazine everywhere i.e coffee table, family room, computer room, bedroom and basement.
3) He left a big mess at the basement and it looks like a tornado just landed there.
4) He keeps buying clamps and tools. He said a woodworker can never have enough of clamps.
5) He will go to each and every woodworking show here.
Some of their actions that seem perfectly resonable to them but to us it can be frustrating.
Friday, November 9, 2007
I picked these last week
This was the first time I plant tomato and I am glad that it turn out really well . The 5 tomatoes plant has given me lots of tomatoes. I harvested some really huge ones and some small sweet ones too. I've given away quite a bit to my neighbor too. The only down side of all this was the tomato 'Hornworms' Is giving me the goose bums just thinking about it. Other than that it was pretty easy to plant them. Rita, any plan to plant some next year?
Back to the green tomatoes. Any suggestions what I can do with it?
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Actually I should not complaint too much because Carlos can be really handy if he wants too :) He paint, he repairs, he built, he fixed leaks and he even came to my rescue when I see worms eating my tomato plants. As for me I am never handy with anything not even changing a light bulb. When I was living on my own I will just give a call to my brother office and he will send a guy over to fix everything.
Just look is these windows. These is the windows that attract me to this house when we first walk in. Then after moving in for a week I found out that the windows create a lot of heat and is not good at all during the day. We can't even sit at our living room to watch TV so finally we decided to cover it up with blinds. We have to rent a 20 foot ladder from Home Depot just to fix it. It served us well for over a year and just look at it now. It need fixing again :( :(
He made this little table for Diana's apartment.
Sweetie, we have to go to your "Toy Store' Home Depot this weekend to buy some new blinds and rent a ladder again. By the way, when can I have my new bed??
Friday, October 26, 2007
Here are some pictures of my side of the family.
My whole family
My eldest brother and his family
My father side of the family
Niece Sarah and Diana
Other nephews and nieces
My mom's sisters
Carlos and mom
Carlos with sister Angela
Carlos with my 2 brothers and their wives
With my uncle (dad's brother)
Nieces and Nephews
Carlos with Sister Elizabeth
Carlos with Amelia
Carlos with Diana